英国,伦敦,国家海事博物馆扩建/ C. F. Møller Architects

建筑师:C. F. Møller Architects

地点:英国伦敦

项目面积:7,300 sqm

项目年份:2011

摄影:Julian Weyer, National Maritime Museum

C. F. Møller建筑师事务所设计了位于伦敦的英国国家海事博物馆扩建项目,该博物馆为英国的第七大旅游胜地,亦是格林威治世界海事遗产的一部分。

新翼楼名为萨米•奥弗楼,以国际航运巨头和慈善家萨米•奥弗的名字命名,奥弗提供了造价为£36.5的扩建项目的大部分资金,扩建项目的落成仪式于7月12日举行,英国王子菲利普出席了仪式。7月14日,星期四,扩建项目正式向公众开放。

英国国家海事博物馆收藏了世界上数量最多的航海收藏品,也是英国第七大旅游景点,每年都有约200万名游客从世界各地慕名而来。博物馆坐落在历史悠久的建筑中,它们始建于1807年,组成了格林威治世界海事遗产的一部分。公园结合了一定数量的巴洛克式建筑,这些建筑在欧洲首屈一指,也是英国航海史的关键组成部分,特别是建于1676年的皇家天文台和建于1712年的老皇家海军学院。

该扩建项目是C. F. Møller建筑师事务所在2006年的国际设计竞赛中的获奖作品,其主要设计思想是确保对这个敏感的历史遗迹形成最小化的介入,同时为博物馆带来全新而又与众不同的主入口和必要的额外展览空间,以及新咖啡馆、餐厅、图书馆,还有能满足特殊历史文件存储需求的档案馆。

C. F. Møller建筑师事务所的设计方案创造了一个随地形而浮现的全新主入口。然而,新建筑的大部分都位于地下,总面积7300平方米,有5500平方米在地下。新楼的屋顶上有一个绿色公共景观露台,可俯瞰公园,从各个楼层均可通过缓坡到达露台,这种设计更使建筑融入了公园景观。扩建项目具有现代美学特点,但却受巴洛克式建筑有韵律的窗口布置的启发,而新建筑外形并不高大,博物馆原有的西南侧楼为维多利亚时代的一级列管建筑,其立面成了引人注目的新建筑的背景。

扩建的目标是开放博物馆,并能够比以往展示更多的收藏品。博物馆的收藏品从沉没的泰坦尼克油轮上幸存的玩具猪,到纳尔逊勋爵留给女儿的最后一封信,范围极广。海事档案包含大约10万本书和近两英里(3.2公里)长的暂时搁置的手稿。


Architects: C. F. Møller Architects

Location: London, United Kingdom

Project Area: 7,300 sqm

Project Year: 2011

Photographs: Julian Weyer, National Maritime Museum

C. F. Møller Architects has designed the extension of The National Maritime Museum in London, Britain’s seventh largest tourist attraction and part of the Maritime Greenwich World Heritage Site.

The new wing, called The Sammy Ofer Wing – named after the international shipping magnate and philanthropist Sammy Ofer, who has funded most of £36.5m extension – was inaugurated on the 12th of July with the participation of among others the British Prince Philip. On Thursday 14th of July the extension opens to the public.

The National Maritime Museum houses the world’s largest maritime collection and is Britain’s seventh major tourist attraction with approx. two million visitors every year from around the world. The museum is housed in historic buildings, built in 1807, forming part of the Maritime Greenwich World Heritage Site. The park incorporates a number of baroque buildings that are considered among the finest in Europe and is an essential part of Britain’s maritime history, particularly The Royal Observatory from 1676 and The Old Royal Naval College from 1712.

The main idea of the extension – which C. F. Møller Architects won in an international architectural competition in 2006 – has been to ensure minimal interventions in this sensitive historic site and yet give the museum a new, distinctive main entrance and the necessary additional exhibition space, as well as a new café, restaurant, library and archives that meet the particular demands for storage of historical documents.

The design solution by C. F. Møller Architects has created a new main entrance emerging from the terrain. Most of the new building, however, is located underground – in total 5500 m2 out of 7300 m2. The roof of the new wing is a green, public landscaped terrace overlooking the Park, accessed at all levels by gentle ramps, even more so causing the building to blend with the park landscape. The extension has a contemporary aesthetic, but is inspired by the Baroque buildings’ rhythmic sequence of windows, and the profile of the new extension has been kept low to allow the Grade I listed Victorian facade of the existing south west wing of the museum to be appreciated as a backdrop to the striking new building.

The goal of the expansion has been to open up the museum and allow the display of more collections than ever before. The museum’s collections range from e.g. a toy pig that survived the sinking of RMS Titanic to Lord Nelson’s last letter to his daughter. The maritime archive contains some 100,000 books and nearly two miles (3.2 km) of shelved manuscripts.